2011/03/22

(Nothing could have prepared me for that she said)

I've slept in fields waiting for the morning to come

after walking for hours in the night

face staring down still black waters
doubled socks behind bleeding heels
considered breaking into a boathouse to sleep
placed my feet in a schoolbag to ward off mosquitoes,
used my skateboard (at the time) as a pillow

I've gone back to the water
When the sun finally broke

After walking
washing
 bloodied feet.
though I was broken,

You sat, still (unconvinced)
beautiful in the morning light.

3 comments:

nervrom said...

don't forget about the park you frequented in the midst of hysteria

SST said...

oh that was but a different time and a different place.

nervrom said...

don't forget about it, still

Post a Comment

My photo
Toronto, ON, Canada

Followers

All rights reserved.

SSTWORD © 2018